Internet Service Providers seemed to have blocked Google, Cloudflare, and other DNS which the users have been using as VPN alternatives to using the TikTok app after the Nepal government banned it.
You will no longer be able to use TikTok even if you change your DNS setting on your mobile phone.
Using Cloudflare’s 184.108.40.206 Warp App to use TikTok
WARP a free app by Cloudflare is a VPN add-on for its 1.1. 1.1 DNS resolver, it essentially protects your traffic with encryption.
Most of the Nepalese have been using 220.127.116.11 DNS to use or unblock TikTok in Nepal which the government banned.
The app is available for both Android and iPhones.
Note: Shared for information purpose only.
When and Why was TikTok Banned in Nepal?
Nepal Government on Monday, 13th of November 2023, decided to ban the popular social media network TikTok for its negative effect on Social Harmony in Nepal.
According to the report, there are almost 1,647 cases of cybercrime have been reported on the video-sharing app in the last four years.
Even though the NTA successfully banned TikTok from the Nepal internet, Nepalese users in different social media have come up with different methods to use TikTok even after the ban.
These methods were shared on Reddit, Quora, Facebook, X, and TikTok.
How to DNS to Use TikTok without a VPN?
Nepalese tried changing DNS settings to look for an alternative for the paid VPN and it became the most common way to use TikTok in Nepal.
Now, it is not available as most of the IPS have started blocking DNS.
How to Change DNS on iPhone?
- Go to Setting: First, tap on settings and choose Wi-Fi.
- Change Wi-Fi’s Setting: Tap on “i” next to the connected Wi-Fi name or any other Wi-Fi.
- DNS: Tap on Configure DNS.
- Choose Manual: Tap on Manual, then Add Server.
- Add DNS: Next, type the DNS server address. You can use Cloudflare (18.104.22.168) or Google’s (22.214.171.124).
- Save Setting: Finally, tap on Save.
How to Change DNS on Android Phone?
Follow the steps below to change Android’s Private DNS.
- Go to Setting
- Tap on Network and Setting
- Choose Private DNS
- Type any one of the following
- Click on Save.