Diversity Visa is an easy way to get a US green card, but it is not for everyone as people are selected through DV Lottery form online application.
The United States of America allows 55,000 people as immigrants into their country from around the world to increase the workforce and diversify its immigrant population every year.
The US list eligible countries for the DV lottery, and citizens from the selected countries can fill online application for a chance to win. According to records, over a million registered worldwide for Diversity Lottery, and only a lucky 55,000 participants get a chance for further processing.
We have been able to apply for the Diversity Visa in Nepal regularly, and many Nepalese individuals are now living the American dream through this program.
|Department||U.S. Department of State|
|Lottery Year||DV Lottery 2024|
|Registration Period||5th October – 8th November 2022|
|Is Nepal Eligible for DV 2024?||Yes|
How to Apply for DV Lottery online in Nepal 2024
To apply for DV Lottery 2024, you must follow specific rules and regulations and fulfill the eligibility requirements listed below.
Nepal is eligible for DV Lotter 2024; you can apply for it online this year. There are little to no changes. But specific rules need to be followed not to get disqualified.
The US Department of State takes these rules very seriously, and even a little mistake can disqualify you, and you can miss a chance.
DV Lottery 2024 Registration Period
You need to apply for a US lottery visa within the registration period or before the deadline. If you don’t register for the lottery during this period, you will not get a chance after the deadline.
DV Lottery 2024 registration period this year is from 5th October to 9th November 2022.
Who can register EDV from Nepal? | Documents Required
So, who can apply? there are very few requirements you will need to fulfil to be eligible or able to apply for USA Diversity Visa 2024, and they are
- Eligible country citizenship (Nepali Ok)
- High School | Completion of 12 years of Education or
- 2 years of Work experience (In the last 5 years)
This is the first step, so you all need an education certificate or work experience from the eligible country. You will need to provide more documents and proof if your name is selected. But for now, this information will work.
Rules you Must follow while applying for EDV in Nepal
As I mentioned, you should not make any mistakes while applying; even a tiny error can cost you a chance to win EDV Lottery.
Rules to follow while applying for US Green Card Visa are
- You cannot apply twice
- You cannot fake your education (If applying from Edu)
- You cannot fake your work experience (If applying from work)
- Complete photo requirement (Very Important)
- Check your country’s eligibility (Nepali can apply for DV Lottery 2024)
- Make no mistake in your name, DOB and address. (If you are selected you’ll need to provide verification)
- Apply within the Registration Period
- Keep your Confirmation Number safe (For checking results)
In short, you should not make a mistake in entering your details.
DV Application Form Online Nepal 2024 Step by Step Process
To Apply DV Lottery Online
- Go to their Official Homepage – Click Here
- Name – Exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Gender, DOB, Birth City and Country
- Country of Eligibility for DV Program
- Photo Requirement for DV Lottery
- Mailing Address
- Provide your Contact Details (email)
- Education Qualification for Diversity Visa
- Maritial Status and childern
- Proceed and Check
- Save Confirmation Number (Important)
1. Go to their Official Homepage of US State Gov
- Visit https://dvprogram.state.gov/
- Click on Begin entry
- Then, enter Captcha
2. Enter your Full Name
- You have to write your full name (If you have a passport then look at your passport)
- Last Name >> First Name >> If you have a middle name than a Middle name.
3. DOB, Birth City and Country
- Enter your date of birth same as in your official document (Citizenship or Passport).
- If you know it is recommended to write your Birth City than,
- The country where you were born.
4. Country of Eligibility for DV Program
The Diversity Program is not eligible for all the country some nationalities are not eligible for DV Lottery. But if you are Nepalese then you can simply copy the same as the image below.
5. Photo Requirement for DV Lottery
Photo requirement for Diversity visas is very strict, they have listed many rules who must be followed check some of the important points for DV in table below.
|Check your photo||Know more from the Official Website|
|Background||White, Light-coloured and plain|
|Head position||Should be looking straight at the camera|
|Light||overexposed or underexposed (NG). Shadows must not be visible.|
|BG Photoshop||Should be avoided.|
|Face||Must not be covered by hair and facial expression should be neutral.|
|Head coverings||Religious (Burkha) or hearing aids.|
|Resolution||600×600 pixels (Square)|
|File size||Maximum 240 KB|
|File format||JPG format|
|Photo age||The photo must not be older than 6 months.|
6. Mailing Address
Like any other service you will receive documents and forms if your selected for Green Card, so do not make mistake in this. You need to provide living address as it will be easier for you.
- Address Line: Tole name, ward name and number
- City: Your city’s name
- District/Province: Kaski District / Gandaki Province
- Postal Code: Search google for your Cities or District Postal Code
- Country: Yselect you country name (Nepal)
7. Provide your Contact Details
Like in Uk Agriculture Seasonal Work Visa, in Diversity Visa you need to provide you e-main address. This is important because winners get all information about their further processing through email.
- Phone Number: Optional (You can give or Leave)
- Email: Very important (Use personal)
8. Education Qualification for Diversity Visa
According to U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs you should pass atleast High school or have work experience. More information here
9. Maritial Status
if you are not maarried then you can check Unmarried, but if you are married then you need to provide all the information about your partner. Participants with childern should informtheir childrens as well. Read full instruction carefully.
10. Submit your Application
If you have childeren then write the number of childern (All of them) click on continue to proceed.
After clicking continue you will be take to another page where you will be asked to check all your information one last time, make no mistake and check for errors. If you do not find any then click on submit.
11. Save Confirmation Number (Important)
This is the end of DV Lottery online application form now print this page or copy that confirmation number. You cannot return to this page after closing so, take piccture or write that 16 Digit and Letters confirmation number.
Confirmation number will be used to check your Diversity Lottery result after 7 to 8 month next year.
After filling in all the details, in the end, you will receive your Confirmation Number, which you will need to keep safe until the result is out. To check the result, you must wait at least 7 months as the results are usually out in May next year. Status check for EDV Lottery through dvprogram.state.gov
DV lottery 2024 eligible countries
Electronic Diversity Visa is held annually and allows immigrants to move to the United States of America. But this opportunity is not for everyone as the US wants to diversify the people in their country. So they will select countries with the least number of people.
Do check if Diversity Visa is eligible for Nepal or not before applying.
The official list of the eligible country is yet to be released. Natives of the following Asia Region could not qualify for this year’s Diversity Visa program:
DV Lottery eligible countries: Africa Region
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
DV Lottery eligible countries: Asia Region
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
DV Lottery eligible countries: European Region
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Denmark (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- France (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Macau Special Administrative Region
- North Macedonia
- Netherlands (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Northern Ireland
- Norway (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Portugal (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- San Marino
- Vatican City
DV Lottery eligible country: North America Region
- The Bahamas
DV Lottery eligible countries: Oceania Region
- Australia (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- New Zealand (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
DV Lottery eligible countries: South America, Central America, And The Caribbean
- Antigua and Barbuda Argentina
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago