Nepal Telecom and Ncell have launched their eSIM service to the general public, now you can buy or upgrade it for free.
Steps to Check eSIM support Phones
To check if your phone support eSIM or now first,
- Go to your Dialpad
- Now, dial *#06#.
- If you see an EID or Embedded Identity Document number, your smartphone supports eSIM.
Remember, a working SIM card must be inserted inside the phone while running the check.
If your phone supports the eSIM you can upgrade your Physical SIM card to an eSIM.
If you are an iPhone user then you can install more than eight eSIMs and use two phone numbers at the same time.
So, you can use both NTC and Ncell eSIM at the same time.
You will need to have An iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later for this feature.
List of Smartphones: Support NTC & NCELL eSIM
Below is a list of a few popular phones that support eSIM, and you can use it after applying.
a. Apple – iPhones
- iPhone 14 Series
- iPhone 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 13 Mini
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11‑inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, Ultra 5G, S22
- Samsung Fold LTE model
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra
- Pixel 4 series,
- Pixel 5 series,
- Pixel 6 series.