Nepal Telecom has officially launched its eSIM service for the public form today, and You can now use activate NTC eSIM on your smartphones.
According to their press release, it is said that they are distributing forms from Telecom’s counter from SUNDHARA, Kathmandu.
If your phone supports these eSIMs, then for all the existing customers, it is free, all you will just need to do is fill up the form and submit it. Existing customers using NTC’s Prepaid or Post can exchange this for free.
For New Users:
- Postpaid user: You can buy NTC eSIM using the market price.
- Prepaid User: Currently not available (Soon)
eSIM Update 19th September 2022: NTC will be distributing or taking forms for the eSIM form
- Chauni and
How to Activate NTC eSIM in your Phone?
eSIM is a virtual sim which means there is no physical card you need to insert into your phone, after activating eSIM, you can use it normally.
Calling, Surfing the Net, Buying NTC voice pack and all other features can be used. You will not need to keep changing your sim cards after activating this.
Apart from Mobile phones, eSIMS can be used on different wearable devices as well.
On 16th September 2022, NTC shared this news on its official Facebook page.
If you are planning to use this sim or register / activate NTC eSIM then you will need to visit Telecom Office Sundhara, Kathmandu.
As it seems that the company is not yet ready to provide this service nationwide. As of today, there is very little knowledge about if you will be able to activate it through an online form or not.
Official Press Release from Nepal Telecom on eSIM 2022
List of Smartphones That Support NTC eSIM
Below is a list of a few popular phones that support eSIM, and you can use it after applying.
What is NTC’s eSIM in Nepal?
Using NTC’s eSIM, you can use their services or cellular plans from your smartphones or mobiles without having to use a physical sim card. This is also called eSIM and has been in operation in foreign countries.
How to Activate eSIM in Apple’s iPhone?
There are different ways you can activate eSIM on your phone, for now, I will list the steps of activating through the Cellular Plan method
- After applying eSIM
- You will receive a notification with “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed” click it.
- From the Settings, click on Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed.
- Click on Continue.
- Make a call on your iPhone to check its cellular connectivity.
For more you can visit apple’s official website: Click Here
- iPhone 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 13 Mini
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11‑inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, Ultra 5G, S22
- Samsung Fold LTE model
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use NTC eSIM in Nepal?
Anyone whose device supports eSIM can use this.
How much does eSIM in Nepal cost?
NTC eSIM is free for existing users; if you are a new user, you will need to buy it at market price.
What is the difference between NTC eSIM and Sim Card?
The main difference is that eSIMs are virtual, and SIM cards are physical, apart from that they provide the same service.
How to apply for an NTC eSIM card?
You can visit Nepal Telecom Office in Sundhara, Kathmandu, to fill out the form and submit it for eSIM registration.