The document, education, exams, physical and other Requirements to join the British Gurkha Army in Nepal are detailed for better understanding.
Every year thousands of young Nepalese start their training immediately after completing their SEE Exam or NEB. But usually, there are a few hundred vacancies available that will join the army.
Most of these boys work day and night, join training centers, run, work out, and stay away from families in hostels to fulfill their dream of joining the UK army.
Compared to Nepal Army Salary, the British also pay handsome salaries to recruits.
All the information in this article is taken from The British Army’s official website. Please check yourself for any changes in documents, requirements, and others.
British Gurkha Army in Nepal | Application and Requirements
Online Registration was open from 09:00 Monday 04 April 2022 to 17:00 Sunday 08 May 22. The applications that were submitted outside this window were not accepted.
What is the Age limit or Eligibility to join? The Minimum age to join the British army is 18 years old, and the maximum is 21 years.
How to Fill Application for British Army in Nepal?
The first thing to do is write or fill out the form correctly. Below is a sample of how to fill British army application form. This sample is taken from the Uk Army’s official website.
Your Name, Surname, Passport Number, and Other details should be accurate as in your document.
All the participants applying must have a minimum of SLC 3″ Division or Equivalent. For those sitting Nepal SEE from 2016 onwards, a minimum of 5 x C grades are compulsory.
Applying for both British Army and Singapore Police must have a C in English and Mathematics. SEE compartmental pass, private SEE, and open learning are accepted.
Vocational qualification (CTEVT) certificates will not be accepted.
- Height: Minimum 158cm.
- BMI: Between 17 – 30 on Phase 1 Selection and 18 -28 on Phase 2 Selection.
- Eyes: Glasses/Contact Lenses/Laser Surgery will not be accepted.
- Teeth: Not more than 2 faults (Fillings, gaps, or false teeth). The front 8 teeth must be without fault.
- Sick: Candidates suffering from sicknesses, such as severe flu or high temperature, will not be accepted.
- BMI: Body mass index (BMI) measures body fat based on height and weight.
Selection Process of British Army in Nepal
- Online Registration
- Phase 1 (Registration)
- Phase 2 (Initial Selection)
- Phase 3 (Final Selection)
- Documents and Certificate
- Academic Certificate
1. Online Registration
The registration period for British Army 2022 in Nepal was between 4th April – 8th May 2022. There was an online registration required before applying. Click Here to Visit
2. Phase 1 (Registration)
In the first phase, you must pass all basic requirements like minimum height, weight, chest, and others. After that, you will need to complete 12 pull-ups, pass essential medical checkups and provide all the documents needed.
- Over Arm Heaves: We need to complete 12 heaves.
- Basic Medical: Medical check conducted.
- Document Check: Take all your original documents and photocopies(A4 size).
3. Second Phase (Initial Selection)
In the second phase, you will have to
- 800m Run: Under 2min 30 sec.
- Heaves: Minimum 12 Heaves.
- Repeated lifts and Carry Short: 20kg Burden carry over 30 meters.
- Medical: Checkups.
- Education: English and Math tests.
From here on, the competition starts; you need to give your best if you can complete the task ahead of the given time you get more points. These points help your chances of getting selected.
4. Phase 3 (Final Selection)
Congratulations, this is the final stage or exam you must pass to become part of the British Army in Nepal. This will be the most difficult of all the other exams as there are only a few hundred vacancies for the army. You need to compete not to beat the timer but also other participants.
You need to get better scores or points than others, so rather than beating the time, beat your friend’s record to have higher chances of selection.
In the final exam of the UK army in Nepal, there will be
- 2km Run: Under 8 minutes. (Best Effort)
- Jerry Can Carry: Under 2 minutes. (Best Effort)
- DOKO Run: Under 46 minutes. (Best Effort)
- Mid-Thigh Pull: 76 Kilograms.
- Medicine Ball Throw: 3.1 meters.
- Education: English test (written, speaking, and listening)
5. Documents | Certificates to Join British Gurkha
You should not miss any documents that are required to be submitted to apply for British Gurkha Army in Nepal. According to the official website, if you forget or do not have any DOCUMENTS and CERTIFICATES, you will not be able to apply.
The candidates must bring the following ORIGINAL documents and A4 size photocopies of all documents stated below to Register.
- Nagariktako Praman Patra (NPP).
- Machine Readable Passport (MRP).
- PR’s Mariage Certificate & Wife’s NPP (if married).
- Birth Certificates of PR’s children (where applicable).
- Parents’ original NPP.
- Parent’s Marriage Certificate if father’s name is not mentioned on
mother’s or son’s NPP.
- Parent’s Death Certificate (where applicable).
- Migration Certificate NP/GP/Wada office(where applicable).
- Caste Verification from CDOs office or authorized local Offices.
- 2 x recently taken Passport size photographs (35mm x 45mm) with a haircut and without topi/cap.
After checking all the documents, you will now need to provide the certificates of your school. Currently, the minimum qualification for British Army is 10th or higher.
The academic or school certificates you will need to join the British army are
- SEE or equivalent certificate,
- Mark Sheet,
- Character Certificate.
Note: This information has been taken from official and other news portals and articles. These rules or selection processes might change. Which Nepali Nerd cannot be held responsible, Thank You.